Selected Scripture

  • REV. 19:16 AND HE HAS ON HIS ROBE AND ON HIS THIGH A NAME WRITTEN: "KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."

Thursday, February 16, 2017

When!


Scripture Text Psalms 56:3-4

Intro: Anxieties will arise in our lives, not only because this is a fallen world, but God can use them also in order to teach us faith. Sometimes we must be brought to the end of ourselves so we will choose to trust the Father. This is a necessary lesson and a vital part of maturing us as believers. God desires that we grow in our trust of Him.

I. Times of fearfulness will come into our lives. Psalms 56:3 (NKJV) Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
 a. David said when I am afraid. We have many enemies and problems to face each day. Psalms 56:2 (NKJV) My enemies would hound me all day, For there are many who fight against me, O Most High. 
 b. There are physical and spiritual enemies who hound and fight against us. Enemies are sent of Satan to destroy us. They come to keep us from experiencing God’s best for our lives. Fighting against these enemies burden us down and put pressure on us.
II. When fearful times come we choose our course of action. Psalms 56:3b I will trust in You. I will not fear!
 a. We either choose to be afraid and succumb to those fears or we can trust in God. It’s a matter of the will. David I will trust in God. The bible says in  Philippians 4:6-7 6 Be anxious (fearful) for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
  III. Our trust is in the character of God and the faithfulness of His promises. Psalms 56:4 (NKJV) In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?
a. God is more powerful than all our foes combined, and He has promised in His word to protect us from harm. Nothing can penetrate the protective hedge which He sets up around us except by His permissive will. This is why we can trust in God without a fear. What can man do to us? Romans 8:31 -32 (NKJV) What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

CONCLUSION: So today, is your heart in despair? Are questions, painful thoughts, or fears flooding your mind? Is there an overwhelming situation that you cannot handle? So Do as David did and come back to the truth of your Father’s perfect provision and unfailing care for your every need. God has not and never will abandon you. Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV) 5b For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6 So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" [Isaiah 41:11-13] Isaiah 41:11-13 (NKJV) 11 "Behold, all those who were incensed against you Shall be ashamed and disgraced; They shall be as nothing, And those who strive with you shall perish. 12 You shall seek them and not find them-- Those who contended with you. Those who war against you Shall be as nothing, As a nonexistent thing. 13 For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' Whenever you start to feel afraid, remember that God is holding you by your right hand. Nothing can separate you from His presence. Trust Him to help you!
Invitation: Have you trusted in God’s Son Jesus to forgive your sins against Father God and save you from Hell? If not you can choose this day to be forgiven and set free from the penalty of your sin by Asking Jesus to forgive you and save you!                                  Prayer: Lord, speak to the heart of those who may need to trust in Jesus for their salvation and give them the grace to respond. Lord, help us that are Your children when we are afraid. Help us to trust You and have faith in Your provisions and protection. Thank You for loving us and draw us all closer to You in Jesus’ holy name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment